Dr Manish Chauhan completed his MD in Psychiatry in 2002 in a premier institute in New Delhi, India. During his training he was involved in research related to anxiety disorders which was also his thesis subject.
He moved to Rockhampton in 2005 after finishing his three year Senior residency at a reputed tertiary hospital. He completed his Australian fellowship in 2010.
He worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist initially at Central Queensland Public Mental Health Service where he also participated in the role of Acting Clinical Director of Psychiatry on numerous occasions.
Dr Chauhan moved into private practice in 2014 and is now full time in private practice. He continues in the role of training director for Psychiatry trainees.
Dr Chauhan has admitting rights to Hillcrest Rockhampton Private Hospital Mental Health Unit and can be contacted at Suite 5 during office hours.
Scope of work:
- General Adult Psychiatry
- OCD and other anxiety disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Perinatal Mental Health disorders
- Adolescent Mental Health disorders
- Psychiatric disorders in elderly
Other areas of interest:
- Neuroplasticity based psychiatric treatments
- Organic Mental Health disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder